Divisions of IGNCA
The IGNCA has 9 functional units –
- Kala Nidhi – the multi-form library.
- Kala Kosa – devoted mainly to the study and publication of fundamental texts in Indian languages.
- Janapada Sampada – engaged in lifestyle studies.
- Kaladarsana- the executive unit which transforms research and studies emanating from the IGNCA into visible forms through exhibitions.
- Cultural Informatics – which applies technology tools for cultural preservation and propagation.
- Adi Drishya Department – dedicated to the study of prehistoric rock art.
- Conservation Lab – pecializes in the areas of preventive conservation, conservation training, conservation of books, manuscripts, paintings, and objects (metals, wooden objects, ethnographic objects, etc).
- Sutradhara – the administrative section that acts as a spine supporting and coordinating all the activities.
- Media Centre – Media Centre has been endeavouring to do audio/visual research documentation and archiving them for prosperity and implementing worldwide dissemination as well.