Norms for utilization of IGNCA Premises
IGNCA – The Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, established in memory of Smt. Indira Gandhi, is visualised as a centre encompassing the study and experience of all the arts – each form with its own integrity, yet within a dimension of mutual interdependence, interrelated with nature, social structure and cosmology.
AIMS & Objectives
- – To serve as a major resource centre for the arts, especially written, oral and visual source materials;
- – To undertake research and publication programmes of reference works, glossaries, dictionaries and encyclopaedias concerning the arts and the humanities;
- – To establish a tribal and folk arts division with a core collection for conducting systematic scientific studies and for live presentations.
- – To provide a forum for a creative and critical dialogue through performances, exhibitions, multi-media projections, conferences, seminars and workshops between and amongst the diverse arts, traditional and contemporary;
- – To foster dialogue between arts and current ideas in philosophy, science and technology, with a view toward bridging the gap in intellectual understanding between modern sciences and arts and culture;
- – To evolve models of research programmes and arts administration more pertinent to the Indian ethos;
- – To elucidate the formative and dynamic factors in the complex web of interactions between diverse social strata, communities and regions;
- – To promote an network with national and international institutions; and to conduct related research in the arts, humanities and culture. IGNCA has sufficient number of Halls/Exhibition Halls/ venues/ lawns etc. to showcase its activities. When do not have IGNCA’s own activity/ programmes, the spare capacity/ accommodation/ lawns can be provided to others for arranging their programmes on payment of maintenance charges.
The spare capacity at various venues in IGNCA may be booked if the programme is in consonance with the above stated mandate of IGNCA.
Rules for booking of various venues: There should be a gap of 10 days for Mati Ghar and the galleries at 11, Mansingh Road and a gap of 10-15 days for the Twin Art Galleries, C.V. Mess in between two programmes for maintenance work.IGNCA will provide the following :
- – One electrician
- – Assistance for display subject to payment of charges
- – Arrangements for security, opening & closing of ceremonies, publicity etc. can be arranged by mutually agreed terms.
- – Opening & closing of the gallery & cleaning thereof.
- – Visitors’ Book
If the gallery is given for non-collaborative programmes, IGNCA will provide the following facilities:
- – Cleaning
- – One electrician
- – Gallery maintenance person.
- – The gallery will be opened and closed only in the presence of a representative of the individual/ organisation who has taken the gallery for the event.
- – Other arrangements as per mutually agreed terms.
Receipt and Selection of Application for Booking:
- – Applications for booking of the Galleries shall be received on the prescribed form. The application must contain information about the nature of the exhibition, contents of the exhibits, associated activities proposed to be held and name of the Chief Guest proposed to be invited for inauguration in addition to details of the individual/organisation.
- – Member Secretary, IGNCA, may give preference to the applications from distinguished, recognised or promising artists/individuals/institutions especially those under Ministry of Culture.
- – Preference may also be given to those who have not exhibited their works in IGNCA earlier.
- – Normally no artist or group of artists /individual/institutions would be allowed second time allotment during a year. Exceptions can be made at the discretion of MS IGNCA in specific cases.
- – Decision of the Member Secretary, IGNCA shall be final and binding in regard to allotment of the galleries/ spaces etc.
Charges and Facilities:
- – Allotment shall be done in blocks of minimum 7 days for Twin Art Gallery & other galleries. For fraction a week, proportionate charge can be worked out & levied /recovered.
- – Charges towards maintenance shall be levied as per details.
- – Security Deposit of 30% of the total amount to be paid along with the application form for all venues.
- The following services shall be provided without any additional charge.
- – Cleaning of the Gallery
- – One table and two chairs will be provided at the reception for visitor’s book, publicity material, etc.
- – Free parking space at the premises
- Services on Payment
- – Services of a carpenter, and helpers to mount the exhibition on payment only.
- – The allottee will have to make their own arrangements for seating, chairs and carpets and other requirements of their programme in all open air venues. All electrical connections will be given by IGNCA Electrical Unit.
- – Entry to the IGNCA premises will be free.
- – All payments must be remitted by Bank Draft/Account Payee Cheque (of the recognized bank) payable to Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, New Delhi on receipt of letter of allotment.
- – Security : A general security of IGNCA campus is available. However, the Centre shall not be responsible for the exhibition or any original material such as paintings. photographs, sculptures etc., which may be used for display. The security/manning of the exhibition will be the responsibility of the organiser. Additional security guards can be provided on payment basis.
- In case payment is not received by the date specified in the letter of the allotment, the allotment made shall stand cancelled and no further correspondence on the issue shall be entertained by IGNCA.
In case of cancellation the following deductions would be made:
1. No cancellation charges before two months of the event.2. 20% cancellation charges if cancelled within 31 to 60 days of event.3. 30% cancellation charges if cancelled within 08 days to 30 days of event.4. 50% cancellation charges if cancelled within 07 days of event.
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel any allotment by giving one month’s notice prior to the due date of start of exhibition. In such cases the entire amount deposited by the organiser shall be refundable by IGNCA
- Alternative dates may be offered by IGNCA in case the allocation of the venue for the period sought is not available.
- Request for allocation of venue may be addressed to Member Secretary who reserves the right to accept/reject the request for allotment.
- Allotment cannot be claimed as a matter of right.
- The Centre reserves the right to disallow any work or printed material etc. being displayed by the artist if Member Secretary, IGNCA considers it objectionable or against the interest of IGNCA. Twenty catalogues to be given to IGNCA Library for record, free of cost.
- No food or beverages will be allowed inside the exhibition galleries. No liquor will be served at IGNCA premises. However, area is earmarked for service of refreshment on any formal occasion.
- While handing over the space, the organiser must ensure that the entire space is absolutely cleared and no damage by way of nails, double sided tape, adhesive etc. are left behind. Damages, if any, in the gallery will be deducted from the security deposit.
- Exhibits must be removed within 24 hours from closing of the exhibition.
- The organiser must ensure that his Gate Pass is duly signed by the authorised officer of IGNCA and handed to the Security at the exit.
Security Deposit Security Deposit is refundable after completion of programme. However, amount for any damage to the space/equipment and any additional service i.e. special security/house-keeping etc. availed will be deducted from Security Deposit.
Special Security Deposit Chargeable for events where reversible changes are allowed to be made to the venue depending on the approximate restoration charges for bringing it back to original shape. The exact amount (refundable) will be intimated only after obtaining the detailed plan of exhibition/programme and changes to be made.
Cancellation charges No cancellation charges before two months of the event. 2. 20% cancellation charges if cancelled within 31 to 60 days of event. 3. 30% cancellation charges if cancelled within 08 days to 30 days of event. 4. 50% cancellation charges if cancelled within 07 days of event.
For Cultural Programs, Lectures, Conferences, Seminar, Exhibitions and events booking