1. How do you select experts/ scholars for your research projects? How can one join or participate in your projects?
- Experts are selected through meetings of competent authorities of H.O. and in consultation with Advisor, Eastern Regional Centre (ERC).
- Scholars for Research projects are selected through a definite procedure determined by H.O. The details about current vacancies, eligibility, etc. are updated on our website.
2. Can foreign scholars/ institutes contact ERC for research collaboration?
So far, ERC has not been approached with such proposals. But it may be considered, in consultation with competent authorities of H.O.
3. Can an institution/ individual collaborate with ERC for research projects? What is the procedure of contacting the Centre?
So far, ERC has not been approached with such proposals. But it may be considered, in consultation with competent authorities of H.O. To contact the centre- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 0542-2570169, 2570238
4. Can an institution/ individual contact ERC to organize exhibitions or other events? What is the procedure?
Yes, institutions can contact ERC to organize exhibitions or seminars. Interested institution will have to contact competent authorities of IGNCA through Advisor, ERC. Further steps will be clarified through meetings with concerned personnel.
5. Does the Centre have any special programs for schools and colleges?
- Yes, as per instruction of M.O.C., ERC has established Interpretation Centres in three schools of Varanasi to create cultural awareness among school-children. Updating its details on the IGNCA website is restricted to only the formal inauguration of the centres by M.O.C.
- In future special programmes may be arranged for college students.
6. Does the Centre have a library which can be used by scholars for research?
Yes, ERC has a rich Reference Library which is used by the Centre’s researchers. But if a scholar approaches with his/her own requisition and seeks help from Advisor, ERC, then, the Centre can provide help to the scholar. But it is not a public library and issuing of books outside the Institute is not allowed.