Ranchi Regional Centre
The Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA), an apex national Centre for Arty and Culture, under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, New Delhi is visualized as a Centre encompassing the study and experiences of all the arts – each form with its own integrity, yet within a dimension of mutual interdependence, interrelated with nature, social structure and cosmology.
Ranchi Regional Centre (RRC) is one of the nine Regional Centers of IGNCA, established in the year 2017, at Morabadi Campus of Ranchi University, Ranchi. The Centre was set up after signing the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between IGNCA and Ranchi University in the auspicious presence of Smt. Droupadi Murmu, Hon’ble Governor of Jharkhand at Raj Bhavan, Ranchi on 10th February, 2017. The RRC’s basic objectives are to preserve, conserve, study and disseminate the knowledge of the rich cultural heritage of the different tribes of India. The subsidiary aims and objectives of the RRC are as follows:
- To promote the traditional art system and practices by the different tribes of India.
- To disseminate indigenous tribal knowledge on art and culture.
- To undertake research and publication programs related to art and culture of India.
- To conduct festivals, performances, exhibitions, conferences, seminars, and workshops to render a congregation for creative dialogue exchange.
- To nurture communication between traditional art and current philosophies to bridge the gap between indigenous culture and modern sciences.
- To study and conduct research programmes on lifestyle study of various ethnic and indigenous groups.
- To explicate the formative and dynamic factors in the complex web of interactions between diverse social strata, communities and regions.
- Tooffer credit/non-credit courses to the students in the field of Sanskrit, Textual Research, Vedic Studies, Translation Studies, Manuscriptology, Oral Traditions, Folklore, Traditional Knowledge System, Performing Arts, Storytelling Traditions, Cultural Information, Conservation, Diaspora, Media and Communication, Social Work and others.
- To install an informative library including the collection of rare manuscripts, audio-visual archives and vocational study materials.
Through various workshops, seminars, research, training programs and events, IGNCA- RRC endeavors to culturally integrate the tribal culture with the society. The activities pursue to impart the knowledge of rich cultural heritage and tradition.
Characterized by cultural exchange programs, IGNCA- RRC dedicates itself to bring about developments in the field of art and culture. The centre conducts diverse programs of research and seminars in the field of visual and performing arts of India.
RRC organized various academic and cultural programs in the view of its thrust area.
Activities done by the IGNCA- Ranchi Regional Centre (RRC)
Following are the important projects which have already been undertaken by RRC:
- Workshop cum performance on Nagpuri Dance.
- Workshop on Sohrai and Kohbar Painting.
- Lecture on “Archaeological Remains of Jharkhand”.
- Lecture on “the Santhal Oral Tradition and Its Cultural Aspects”.
- Lecture on “Cultural Informatics-A case study on Devnaryan”.
- Lecture on Hindi Diwas
- Lecture on Oral tradition and historiography of Jharkhand: A model study of the folklore and Folk art of Santhal Pargana.
- Photographic Exhibition on the Life of Bharat Ratna Dr. M.S. Subbulakshmi (1916 – 2004).
- Lecture on Birsa Munda and his Birsai cult.
- RRC has launched a research project “Documentation of Art Heritage of Jharkhand”. The research program has been started from Ghodasimar temple of Koderma district.
- The RRC has started a study program on “Birsa Munda and Religious Movement.”
- The Centre will soon start a course entitled “Post-graduate Diploma in Tribal Art and Crafts”.
Dr. Kr. Sanjay Jha Regional Director, Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts (IGNCA)- Ranchi Regional Centre, Tabulation Centre Morabadi Campus,Ranchi University, Ranchi, Jharkhand Tel : 0651 - 2284711 (O), 8368684676 (M) Email : firstname.lastname@example.org