After the formal inauguration of the Kala Nilayam on 15th August, 2021, the IGNCA Guest House is fully functional to welcome its members and guests at its newly renovated Guest House at 5th Floor of IGNCA, Janpath Building (near Western Court), Janpath, New Delhi – 110001.
IGNCA has a new beautiful green Campus with great ambience in the heart of Capital City of India, Central Delhi at Janpath Building. Kala Nilayam is located on the fifth floor of the building. There are 16 rooms in the newly created Kala Nilayam of IGNCA, which are available for membership.
IGNCA Guest house is primarily meant for senior scholars, artists, members of the Board of Trust, life members of Kala Nilayam, IGNCA for a short and temporary stay, subject to availability. It is also meant for esteemed participants of program at IGNCA.
While accommodation cannot be claimed as a matter of right, as far as possible the institute would try to provide accommodation to the members of Kala Nilayam, IGNCA on prior written request.
The concessional rates will be available only for 5 days in a calendar month. The extension for stay beyond 5 days may be given by the Competent Authority, IGNCA. In no case, extension beyond 10 days will be granted to members in a calendar month. The maximum number of rooms for each member will be fixed as four (4) rooms at a time, subject to availability.
Recipients of Civilian Awards of Government of India as given below will be considered to be the members of Kala Nilayam under the Honorary Membership Category after the approval of EC without any fee. However, room tariff will be applicable on concessional rate.
- Bharat Ratna
- Padma Vibhushan
- Padma Bhushan
- Padma Shri
How to apply for Membership:
- Applicants can apply for the membership in the prescribed membership form available at the reception on the fifth floor in the IGNCA.
- Members must recommend only those applicants whom they personally know, and who fulfill the eligibility criteria for membership.
- Membership fee will be reviewed periodically by the IGNCA.
- The right to grant membership is sole decision of IGNCA.
Membership fee (Admission/ Charges):
|S. No.||Details of Life time Membership||Admission Fee (Non refundable)||Yearly Fee|
|4||Scholars of IGNCA (KN/KK/JS/KD)||50,000.00||5,000.00|
|7||Overseas Associates Membership||75,000.00||7,500.00|
|8||Reserved with the IGNCA Trust||50,000.00||5,000.00|
(Civilian Award Recipients)
|Not Applicable||Not Applicable|
|Single Occupancy||Double Occupancy|
|Rs.2000/- + GST||Rs.3000/- + GST|
|(Inclusive of Breakfast)|
- A brief bio-data of the applicant for Membership along with reference will be submitted to the EC, IGNCA for approval.
- For all categories, the primary condition of association with arts shall be fulfilled.
Guidelines/Suggestions for members during the stay:
- Check in – check-out time will be 12:00 noon.
- In addition to the guest for whom the room has been booked, no other person will be allowed inside the room.
- Tea/Coffee will be available in rooms for guests (self-service).
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) will be served in the dining hall at the time mentioned on the menu card.
- There will be a guest register in the ‘I€ala –Nilayam’, for entries at the time of check-in by the guest.
- Visitors can meet the guests in the reception or in the restaurant.
- Original ID card should be made available for guests at the time of check-in.
- All outstanding dues of room/food etc. should be paid before checking-out the room.
- There is no pickup-drop facility provided by ‘Ka1a- Nilayam’
- For additional bed in Double occupancy, Rs. 500/- + GST may be charged.
- Personal membership is not transferable to any other person.
- Institutional/corporate members can make a booking by attaching a photocopy of their membership card issued by IGNCA.
- To participate in the conference/concert etc. in the Conference Hall/ Auditorium or lawns, a token will be given to the vehicle owner while entering the IGNCA, and at the time of exit, they will have to return this token to the security guard at the gate.
- Regarding arrangements related to services, guests, any dispute/ disclosure in relation to the arrangements/services of ‘Kala-Nilayam’, the Director (Administration) can be contacted.
Facilities for the Members:
- Only the life members can avail the Guest house facilities of IGNCA at concessional rates.
- Complimentary breakfast and free Wi-fi facility.
- Food will be provided on the IGNCA concessional rates.
- Members will be given priority for IGNCA venue booking on payment basis.
- Various National package excursion towards will be organized for the members from time to time.
- Annual Invitation with complementary food and stay on IGNCA Foundation Day i.e. 19th Nov.
- The Members can organize get together functions with catering and other venue charges at IGNCA prescribed rates.
- Other benefits to be announced from time to time.
- Membership Card will also be issued to the spouse of the Member. We do not propose to issue cards to the children of the Members.
- Free Kalanidhi library membership: [The reference Library of IGNCA contains more than 2 lakhs books, 3 thousand Digital rare books, 3 lakh Indian Ancient Digital Manuscript, Personal collections of reputed scholars, more than one lakh small Indian miniatures (slides) of South & South East Asia, Archeological Sites, Monuments, Architecture and Digital Visuals and Generals etc., of Indian and Foreign Scholars.]
- E-invitation of all IGNCA programmes.
- Use of Kala Nilayam Lounge and Dinning Hall.
Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts Janpath Building (near Western Court), Janpath , New Delhi – 110001 Contact No: 011-23446501 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com